Monday, December 14, 2009
Place Your Bids: Menu for Hope Fundraiser
For only $10, you can support a great cause and take a chance at winning gifts sure to make your New Year bright. How about a weeklong Brunello experience for you and three friends in the heart of Tuscany at a private villa and winery? Closer to home, perhaps a two-night stay at the 4,000-square foot four-bedroom Koehler Estate Vineyard House that includes a private tasting with the winemaker and six bottles of Koehler Estate wines? Just want wine? A gift box of eight awesome Andrew Rich wines would hit the spot.
You can bid on these and other fabulous wine-themed gifts to benefit Menu for Hope VI, a charity begun in 2004 by food and wine bloggers to aid tsunami-relief efforts. All of last year's $60,000 raise went to the people served by the United Nations World Food Programme, the world's largest food assistance agency. This year, we're asking you to help us do even better.
It's easy and secure to start submitting your bids. First, check out wine-themed raffle items hosted at Vinography.com or the full roster including foodie items, trips and international destination prizes at Chez Pim. Note each bid item's assigned codes - you'll need them to do your online bidding.
Every $10 you donate gets you a virtual ticket to use towards the raffle item(s) you select. You can even choose to have your company match your donation by filling in that section of your bid.
Donate $100 and you'll have ten chances to win one or more raffle items; $1,000 gets you a hundred and so on. You can holiday shop for friends who don't need one more "thing" and help this tremendous cause at the same time.
Start spreading the news and then check back here and at Chez Pim on Monday, January 18th for results.
Here's all you need to do:
1. Review the raffle items and note the bid codes of the ones you want. They're posted on Vinography and at Chez Pim. (Example: WB17 is the bid code for the WinewomenPSP package.)
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make your credit card donation.
3. When you enter your donation amount, be sure to specify which item(s) you're bidding on in the 'Your Comment' (personal message) section of the donation form. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item using the item code.
Each $10 you donate gets you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. Please use the format "number of tickets" x "item code." For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 plus 3 tickets for EU02 so you'd enter: 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so Firstgiving can claim the corporate match.
5. Please enter your e-mail address so you may be contacted if you win. Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone. (We suggest you do not check the 'hide' box.)
Now get busy and good luck! Drop us a comment if you have any questions.